Wednesday, September 23, 2009

just a few things

Tyler just got back from two interviews at med schools in Arizona. He felt like things went well, so we'll see what happens. I went and stayed with my parents for a couple days and it was nice spending time with them. Tyler heads to Missouri and Iowa next week for a couple more interviews. He's has worked so hard on getting things ready for medical school while still going to school. We are really proud of everything he has done. It will be nice to find out where we are going to be living for the next four years. We'll keep you posted. I love this picture of Jacoby. He looks like such a little frog and especially with that green, gingham outfit.
I love to have cards on hand when things come up, but it seems like I never have the right card that I need. Well I finally decided to break down and do a bunch. There's still some events that I've probably missed, but this covers most of them.





A lady I work with asked me to make carmel, chocolate pretzels for her son's wedding. Her colors are pink, black, and white, so I thought these heart sprinkles would be great. It was fun to make these, but I ended up having to make two flippin' batches because a few pans of pretzels fell out of the freezer and broke. I was so mad!!! Thanks to my mom and all her help we got them finished finally.


I really love cupcakes right now. There's this great little cupcake cafe up here called the Cocoa Bean and they have the best cupcakes. I tried to copy them with these red velvet cupcakes.
We had Travis, Betsey, and Savannah over for dinner the other night and it was a lot of fun. They're all going to school up here too and it's so nice to have them so close. We had a great time visiting and playing games. I love having people over for dinner, but then I realize how small our apartment is. We had to use our computer chair and rocking chair to have enough chairs to sit up to the table. Ha ha.

11 comments:

Morrows said...

How about you don't move far away and you just move in with me instead? Sound good? ;) I will miss you. I love that pic of Jacoby! SO cute. I love all your cards. You are so talented. Those pretzels look to die for!

Steph said...

Mmmm...I need one of those cupcakes right now!!! Ok, I need a DOZEN of those cupcakes right now!!! Those were so so tasty! If they were at my house they would be gone in no time! So sorry about your ridiculous pretzel problems. I'm glad you finally got them done and they look super cute! Your cards look great, too, btw. And I'll probably have to get some printed up for myself, too.

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Cute cards!! Tell Betsy that Sha Jenkins-Lacee's cousin says hello!

The Clarks said...

that is a cute picture of jacoby! he looks so big. loved your cards - you make the cutest stuff! good luck with medical school and all that!

Judy said...

Wow 4 years huh? Good thing we have blogs so we can keep up with your fam!!!!! I LOVE your cards. They are so adorable! and yum on the cupcakes!!!!!

manda baker said...

Okay so Jacoby is adorable!!!
Will you two come visit again this weekend while Jess and I are home? Your cupcakes look soo good! Im very sad you will be moving shortly, stay close please :]

Tammi said...

ALL of the treats look yummy. I love every single person at the table and the one taking the picture. . .AND I love the little green gingham frog!!!!!!! Too cute for words.

Neal and Angie said...

Can't wait to see where you end up going for Tyler's school. Those cupcakes look delicious and what cute cards...I always need more of them. I guess I should just break down and do it....i will someday ;)

Janet said...

I love that cute picture of Jacoby. He looks so sweet and frog-like. LOL Love your cards, cupcakes and pretzels as well.

Rowbury Adventures said...

your cards are So adorable! Where do you get the cute writing for them all? I Love them!!

Doug and Kate said...

Cute cards! Your so talented! I bet its fun sending Tyler to all of these interviews. Kinda makes the last few years of school seem like it was worth something? I can't wait until we are at that point.