Monday, November 30, 2009

lots of fun

We had a really nice Thanksgiving this year with Tyler's family. Tyler's brother just got married back in September and they were able to come to Thanksgiving with us too. His aunt and uncle always host Thanksgiving dinner at their home. It was really nice to see everyone and visit and pig out on lots of yummy food. I was even able to make my favorite pie to take, banana cream pie! I made one to take and one to eat at home and they were pretty tasty. I will have to post the recipe on Make Your Tastebuds Dance soon. I feel so grateful for so many things in my life right now such as: the good health of myself and loved ones, our wonderful families, my hardworking husband, Tyler being accepted to medical school, sisters and a mom who are my best friends, missionaries all over the world and especially Elder Long down in Brazil, wonderful friends who are always there, our wonderful ward, the gospel, finishing school, staying at home with Jacoby, being a wife and mother, and living close to family. I love my life and I realize that I need to try to focus on all of the things that I do have and how blessed I am.


Last night we all went over to my grandma Long's to help her decorate her Christmas tree. As I'm sure you have noticed, we love decorating trees! We each made something to go on the tree using lime green and red and it turned out really nice. My grandma is such a sweet lady and I love her so much.

I went shopping with Steph on Black Friday and we got a ton of stuff. I'm kind of embarrassed to say that we were at the mall at 4:45 a.m. along with many other crazies. I wanted to get most of my shopping done, but I would say that I'm only about half done. With all the birthdays in December it makes it pretty tough too. Tyler's brother and his wife waited in line at Target ALL NIGHT Thursday, so I gave him a list of toys to get Jacoby. All done with that little guy now thanks to Trav and Betsey. It was really fun to go with Steph, but we missed Becca and Tom this year. What am I going to do next year when I have to go by myself?

7 comments:

Steph said...

Yeah, I think we're nuts for going that early, but we did get some great deals! And it was super fun to go with you (and not with our toddlers). I'm pretty excited about what I got you. Hope you'll like it, too. That was fun decorating Grandma's tree last night. I think it turned out pretty dang cute! Loved your star!

Rowbury Adventures said...

I'm sad I didn't see you on black friday! Sad to say I was one of those crazy ladies there to that early in the morning! ha

Roseanne said...

That tree looks so good! Nice job, you guys are pro's, come on over to my house and help me :)
I haven't gone black friday shopping for a few years and I totally miss it. I'm glad you had fun!
I love your new pic on the top of your blog. What a cute fam.

Morrows said...

The tree is so cute! Same colors as mine! LOVE IT! Crazy shopper! I always go with grandma but this year we couldn't go because we had a wedding in Utah to go to. I only have two people on my list done. :( I really need to get going. I love your new pic at the top! You are so gorgeous Missy! I just love you! The boys look great as well! ;) Miss you!

Judy said...

What a great weekend you had. I love the tree. You are all so talentd!

Doug and Kate said...

Its ok I was out at the crack of dawn shopping away to. I acctually saw you. . . from afar :) I was going to catch you but you were practically running to the next store haha. That is a way cute tree. How do I get you guys to come decorate mine??

Annie said...

You all look so good! How exciting about Medical school. Have you decided where for sure? (maybe I just didn't read your blog well enough). We're excited for you!