Sunday, October 18, 2009

jack o'lanterns, earrings, & my boy

Awhile back I was told about this awesome blog and I found this great idea for some Halloween decorations, so during the priesthood session a couple weeks ago my mom, sisters, and I made these jack o'lanterns. It's such an easy craft to do and very cheap. You will have to check out her blog, she has many great ideas.
Pictures of these cuties in the dark....blurry.
Pictures with the light on.
Steph and I have recently started making these fun crocheted earrings. We have started a blog called "String and Bling," so you'll have to check it out here. We have lots of fun colors: raspberry, dandelion, oatmeal, shadow, marshmallow, lilac, ruby, rose, chocolate, and honeydew. Here's Steph modeling the honeydew for ya.

I haven't done a monthly update of Jacoby since he turned one, so now that he's 14 months I wanted to remember all the fun things he's doing now.
-Dancing to music, and dang he's a stud when he dances.
-Climbing and FALLING. He climbs up on the couch, trunk, chairs, and hearth.
-Sleeping so well through the night, from 8:30 pm-8:30 am.
-Says day doo(thank you), mamma, and dadda.
-Holds my hand when we walk.
-Puts things back where they go. He loves playing with our pans and so he had them out in the kitchen and all of a sudden he went over to the cupboard where they are kept and opened it and set it inside; I was thrilled. And another time I was going through my coupons and he wanted to "play" with them, so I handed him one I didn't need and he went over to where the garbage is and waited for me to open it, because it has a child safety lock, and threw it away. That smart little devil.
-Gives kisses, only with his mouth w i d e open.
He's a lot of fun and keeps us very busy. He's so hard to get pictures of now because as soon as I set him down where I want him and am ready to take the picture he stands up and tries to run grab the camera, so I mostly have really close up shots. :)

20 comments:

The Clarks said...

oh my gosh. all i can say is HOLY HANDSOME! that kid is gonna knock girls off their feet! =)

Stephanie said...

Jacoby looks so grown up. I have to agree with the Holy Handsome comment.

What's the name of the craft blog? I might have missed it, but I think Maysen would like to check it out..... Thanks!

Morrows said...

That last picture of Jacoby, he looks so grown up! What a cutie! Cute earrings! Love them. I love your Halloween decorations too! Super cute!

Holly said...

Jacoby is SO DARLING! Oh. my. word!

And CUTE earrings, you girls are so talented!! Wow! You should set up an botique or something!!

Katie said...

I check out your blog every once in a while and just can't believe how talented you are Missy. I'm one of those people who can not do anything considered a craft so I am so jealous of people like you who are masters of craft. If you are selling those earrings, I totally want some!

Tammi said...

He is so big. Can you say adorable, never mind that is not good enough. I have lost all my old numbers because of a new phone. On top of it, I have been sick:( I hate being sick. I am no longer babysitting because I had to give up seeing everyone and that price is too big. So, as soon as I feel better LOOK OUT JACOBY! Congrats on school and give Tyler a hug. So glad all his hard work and your sacrifice paid off. I love you guys and hope you remember me ;)

Lisa said...

Oh I love those Earings!! So cute!!!

Steph said...

Those jack-o-lanterns were so fun and yours turned out so cute! I still need to find lights for mine. I can't believe these pictures of Jacoby. He looks like he's 15! Ok, not really, but he definitely looks grown up and oh-so-cute!

R. Long Pyper said...

Jacoby's getting so mature — putting dishes away and throwing away garbage. Johnny just unloads every pot and pan and lid and drags them (loudly) all over the tile floor. Maybe you should come stay with me for awhile and "influence" my children. :) But he is so sweet, and your jars turned out great! How did you have time to do five?!

hailey said...

He looks so grown up! What a cute boy. By the way have you heard back from Touro yet?

Adam & Leesha Wickern said...

Oh wow, he looks so big now! Incredibly adorable still, but grown up!!!

Neal and Angie said...

he is one handsome stud! Love the earrings...did you make them? Do you have a tutorial on them if you did? Cute halloween decor too!

Katie said...

Jacoby is getting so big Missy! He is such a cutie! I love the earrings! Steph, you look good modeling them! : )

Padilla Fam said...

have i told you that you have the most beautiful baby in the world? i am sure you have received so many compliments. but he really is handsome, he is going to have little girls chasing him. i'm surprised that he didn't come out with curly hair.

Misty Myler said...

I HAVE to have those Jack-o-lanterns! And WOW your lil Jacoby is just adorable!

Mark & Nicole Oaks said...

Those earrings are very cute! I love them! Jacoby is so fun! He is getting big, FAST!

janellybelle said...

Little Jacoby is so cute. . .he has some great genes! Those earrings are really cute too! They remind me of the cute head bands Kirsten has Daphne wear.

janellybelle said...

Little Jacoby is so cute. . .he has some great genes! Those earrings are really cute too! They remind me of the cute head bands Kirsten has Daphne wear.

Lamar and Debbie said...

(This is Jenn) and your favorite aunt Debbie. OMGosh!!! I love love love the jackolanterns you made, sooo cute. And that little boy of yours.... I'm almost jealous, except mine are pretty cute to LOL! But he looks more adorable with every picture you post of him, isn't he so fun?! You are such a cute mom. I love the top pic of you and him together... very sweet.
Sorry I'm not posting, still have not gotten a new computer. Grrr. I'm not sure when that will happen.... Christmas?! We'll be there for Halloween, maybe we'll see you, what's Jacoby dressing up as? HAve fun!!!! See you, we love reading your blog!!!

Lamar and Debbie said...

(This is Jenn) and your favorite aunt Debbie. OMGosh!!! I love love love the jackolanterns you made, sooo cute. And that little boy of yours.... I'm almost jealous, except mine are pretty cute to LOL! But he looks more adorable with every picture you post of him, isn't he so fun?! You are such a cute mom. I love the top pic of you and him together... very sweet.
Sorry I'm not posting, still have not gotten a new computer. Grrr. I'm not sure when that will happen.... Christmas?! We'll be there for Halloween, maybe we'll see you, what's Jacoby dressing up as? HAve fun!!!! See you, we love reading your blog!!!